Friday, June 24, 2011

A New Era

Today I moved most of the stuff out of my classroom at North Middle School.  I have happily called it my home for the past three years, and I have to say it is very bittersweet.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade being able to stay home with Ryder next year for anything in the world! I feel so blessed that we are able to do that.  It's not going to be easy, but I know we'll make it and be better off in the long run for it. 

The truth of the matter is, I really do love teaching.  Sometimes, I feel like I get so down about the pressures that go with teaching that I forget to enjoy what I've grown up wanting to do.  There are always going to be that handful of students who do everything they possibly can to make things difficult, but there are more students who want to do good or at least will put forth the effort to get by.  I know I've spent way too much of my time being concerned with the wrong group of students. 

Most of all I'm going to miss North's staff.  I've met the greatest mentors and made unbelievable friendships the past three years.  I never thought I would teach middle school, still don't really want to teach that age group, but I know I was at North for a reason the past three years.  Not only for the kids, but for me as well.  I've grown there as both a teacher and as a person.  It's been very full circle for me, attending school at North over 10 years ago, and then educating others there.  I'm so thankful for it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment