Friday, July 22, 2011

Ryder's 1st Vacation

We recently traveled the short distance to Pigeon Forge to spend some relaxing time in the mountains.  It was so nice to be somewhere and not worry about any kind of work!  We ate at some really good restaurants and went shopping and read books.  It was fantastic. 

Usually we eat at the same old restaurants when visiting the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area.  This year, I decided we need to try a few new places.  Inspired by my friend, Kara Watson's blog,  I went to Trip Advisor and looked up popular restaurants.  My favorite places to eat are officially now as follows.
  1. Bull Fish Grill
  2. Cakes by Bakin' Bishop- yummy cinnamon rolls and cupcakes
  3. Apple Barn
  4. Old Mill Pottery House Cafe and Grille- best French onion soup I've ever had

Dinner at the Apple Barn.


One of my favorite things we did while in Pigeon Forge was visit Wonder Works.  It's technically an interactive museum for kids, but it's equally enjoyable for adults.  Ryder loved looking around at everything.  I couldn't believe how good he was the whole time!  I can't wait until he is older and can really enjoy it there.



Making Taffy at Smoky Mountain Candy Kitchen

Christmas Village- We stopped here just to get a picture with the train!


No comments:

Post a Comment