Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cleaning out Clutter

I'm on a new mention to clean out everything in my house that I've accumulated over the past few years.  My first project is my kitchen. Today I decided to tackle what I call my spice/baking cabinet.  I know I have a lot of spice doubles and I'm sure some are out of date.  I regularly clean out my fridge and pantry but don't remember cleaning out my spice cabinet since we moved home from Knoxville.  I love kitchen gadgets.  I think I could look at a Pampered Chef magazine for hours.  But the problem is I have a lot that I don't use and that I never will.  I'm going to try to weed through my gadgets as well.  One of the main reasons I'm posting this is because I'm determined to stick with it.  I don't expect to get my whole kitchen cleaned out in a week, but slowly I want to do cabinet by cabinet. 

Here is the before.
 Here are all the spices I pulled out of the cabinet.  It's hard to believe they all fit up there in such a small space.

Cleaning this out made me feel lighter.  I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I feel like I have more control over my kitchen.  I have a better grasp on what I have and what I need.  Plus it just feels good to throw away old items or combine multiples.  Everything is so much easier to find.  One of the best things about this project was finding some gadgets I'd forgot I'd had.  It was like going shopping in my own kitchen. 

Here is the after:

No comments:

Post a Comment