Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ryder Month 10

It's amazing how much my little man is doing these days.  It's been a VERY long while since I updated so I thought I would quickly share a few things.  Ryder is now regularly pushing chairs, toys, etc. around and walking behind them.  He loves it!  He loves to walk holding on to our fingers and can stand by himself for a couple of seconds before falling down.  I know it won't be long before he takes off!

One milestone that I haven't been too excited about is his love of opening every cabinet door or drawer he can get his hands on.  And of course pulling everything right out!  But I have learned, instead of looking at the pictures below as a mess, I look at it as having 10 minutes of time to do something!

Ryder is also talking up a storm.  Now, by far most of it is gibberish but he does know 3 words well, just not necessarily their correct meanings.  His first obvious knowledge of a word was "Bye, bye."  And when he says bye, bye, he scrunches up his little hand.  He first said it the night before his 10 month birthday.  It's by far his favorite and is what gets said the most often.  His other words are "dog" and "mama."  I'm 99% sure he thinks dog means outside, which I can easily see how he got.  I'm pretty sure mama means hold me.

I'm a little embarrassed to be sharing this, but hey, the point of the blog is so I can look back and remember, right?  Ryder loves to dance! No, that's not the embarrassing part!  He purposely plays music on his toys so he can bounce around waving his hands.  As soon as they start singing at church, he starts bouncing.  Now, for the embarrassment.  Here is a clip of me singing to him (brace yourselves) and him dancing in his high chair.  It cracks me up how he waves his hands in the air.



Finally, Ryder now has 7 teeth and a head full of hair!  Here's an updated shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment