Sunday, September 4, 2011

Smash Book

I used to love the "old school" scrapbook!   Remember when a scrapbook was a place where you kept all your, well, scraps- ticket stubs, receipts, doodles, etc?  You might have some photos but they were more for all the extra stuff you couldn't part with.  I've always missed that type of scrapbooking.  I am so glad that the "old school" way is making a comeback!  Check out the video below about the new smash book.
This video was made by K & Company, the actual maker of the Smash Book, but there are lots of other videos on You Tube showing how to make and Smash Book and even just people sharing theirs. 

I literally learned about this new product this morning on a scrapbooking blog that I follow, and I've already ordered 2 with some fun accessories!  Now, I know you could make one of these with any old composition book, but if you truly want to keep it forever, it is worth the extra money.

Here are just a few of the ideas I have for my Smash Books.
1) Day-to-day Memorabilia- things I want to look back on day-to-day: ticket stubs, random snapshots, menus, quotes I come across, crafts I would like to make, etc.
2) Recipes- Cut recipes out of magazines
3) Home decor ideas- paint samples, fabric cuttings, clippings from magazines
4) Baby Journal- a quick place to organize and remember all of Ryder's milestones to put on here when I actually have the time!

I can't wait to start smashing!

No comments:

Post a Comment