Saturday, October 1, 2011

VA-CA Day 6- Enter my dream job!

Late Monday afternoon, we headed up to Asheville, North Carolina.  We stayed at a hotel right next to a cozy little downtown area.  I got on Trip Advisor to find a place to visit for brunch Tuesday morning.  And that's when it happened.  I found a little place called Books and Breadboard, which may sound like a strange name, but as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to visit.  You see, back in my head, this little place was my dream come to life.  A bookstore and a restaurant in one.  Food and books, in case you haven't already noticed, are two of my favorite things!  Even better than the idea of such a shop was this actual store.  It is like a house.  Each room is decorated and contains books to match that theme.  For example we sat in the sun-room, aka the garden room.  It had a fountain, an iron table and chairs, some bird decor, and of course, gardening books!  My favorite room was the children's play room.  It was decorated with bright colors and puppets and places for kids to sit including a closet turned into a book nook!  Oh and I almost forgot about the food!  I had a DELICIOUS bacon, egg, and cheese croissant with fruit, and the fruit wasn't an orange slice and a few grapes.  The presentation was also delightful.  While we were there I picked up a couple of novels, Michael got a gardening book, and we got two board books for Ryder.  It was a perfect morning! Here are some pictures:






No comments:

Post a Comment